For more information
Contact our communication manager:
Jens Jakob Velasco Hansen
(+45) 81 40 22 62
NDI Norway has the first day of operations of its new central storage and headquarters in Vestby, Norway. With the new facilities, the customers will benefit from more efficient delivery and better access to a more extensive selection of products, following the corporate ambition of being the preferred supplier of rims and tires.
With 23.000 square meters, optimized storage-, logistics-, and office facilities, as well as a more strategic location closer to the customers, NDI Norge has taken an important step in ensuring the customers an even better service and, at the same time, optimize operations, following the corporate 2024-strategy.
- During the last years, we have experienced continuous growth in the Norwegian market and have simply grown out of our existing frames. For this reason, we signed a long-term lease agreement in 2020 to rent a brand new, strategically located storage facility in Vestby, optimized for storing tires and rims. We are delighted today to announce that we have the first day of operations of the new central storage that also will become the new headquarters of NDI Norge, says the CEO of the NDI Group, René Kristensen.
Better service for the customers
The new facility has a storage capacity of 300.000 tires, and besides giving NDI Norge the needed space for further growth, the increased capacity will also benefit the customers:
- Our customers will also benefit from the new central storage facility by getting even quicker and more efficient delivery of a complete selection of products with tires and rims from cars to trucks, farming machines, and industrial machines, tells Kjetil Nilsen, sales director at NDI Norge.
- Moreover, we will also get a brand new assembly line, so we can mount tires and rims according to the customers' needs and also stud winter tires. In this way, we will also be able to deliver finished solutions to our customers and be well prepared for the coming winter season, when our customers need quick delivery of winter tires, he adds.
Efficient and sustainable operations
According to Torbjørn Skilbred Aune, operations manager at NDI Norway, the new storage facility will also help ensure both a more efficient, profitable, and environmentally sustainable operations:
- The storage facility will ensure much more efficient handling of our goods. Moreover, it is certified according to the environmental standard in Norway called Miljøfyrtårn, so we also get more energy-efficient and environmentally sustainable operations. At the same time, we will get even closer to our customers and important infrastructure - not at least the Oslofjord tunnel, railroad, and the harbors in Oslo and Moss from where we can receive containers, he says and continues:
- With a strategically perfect location, more space, and much more efficient operations, we will get the best conditions for creating profitable growth, following our corporate 2024 strategy.